Three easy steps, then you are well on your way to snagging one of those prized FloydFest volunteer spots:
1) Read these details below and be sure you are clear on all requirements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
2) Fill out the online application in its entirety and select your 1st choice shift schedule. Please select at LEAST one night shift and a TOTAL OF FIVE SHIFTS to total 20 hours of volunteer work.
3) Pay the $20 application processing fee.
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- To work in any ABC areas of the festival, you must be 21 years old or older.
- Identification will be checked and age will be verified when you come to Volunteer Check-in to get your credentials.
- Must have a positive, hard-working mentality.
- Must be on-time for every shift (if not a little early).
- Once OFF duty, you may do as you wish as long as you are not wearing your volunteer credentials and are not in uniform (an inside-out volunteer shirt is still recognized as a uniform). However, if a volunteer is off duty and is problematic to festival operations, security or the law, volunteer privileges are likely to be lost as a result.
ONLINE APPLICATION AND APPLICATION FEE
An online application and $20 application fee are required to be considered for a volunteer position. Keep in mind that the earlier you apply, the better your chances at getting your preferred volunteer position and schedule.
-Volunteer Application: All communication will be via email so it is very important that we have your correct email on your application.
-$20 Application Fee:This fee needs to be paid online with a credit card and the card will be charged at the time that application is submitted.
***APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 10 th 2017***
ACCEPTED VOLUNTEERS - $295 DEPOSIT
Accepted volunteers will be sent instructions on how to pay the $295 deposit required to be a FloydFest~17 Freedom volunteer. If you are on a budget, no worries, we offer an option that allows you to send in a check to only be held, not cashed.
Options for submitting deposit:
-Mail a check to be held (not cashed!). If all volunteer obligations are met, the check will be shredded post festival.
-Pay via credit card. The card will be charged upon submission and then refunded post-festival if all volunteer obligations are met.
After the event, if you fulfill all volunteer commitments, payment will be refunded (if credit card was charged) or check will be shredded.
IMPORTANT: All deposits are due by JULY 15, 2017. If your deposit is not received by this deadline, your volunteer spot is forfeited.
You will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of application and application fee.This does not guarantee your acceptance as a volunteer, only confirms your application and fee were approved for consideration. Accepted volunteers will be emailed an acceptance letter with additional details within 30 days of submitting the application. If you do not receive an email within 30 days, please email email@example.com.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL FLOYDFEST VOLUNTEERS
-20 HOURS OF VOLUNTEERING: All Volunteers must meet the 20-hour work requirement.
-CHECK IN ON TUESDAY, JULY 25: All Volunteers are required to be checked-in between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Tuesday, July 25 at Delta Lot. Make sure you check in on time so you do not miss the Volunteer Welcome Bonfire at 9 p.m., with smores!
IMPORTANT: Though we would prefer all volunteers to check in on Tuesday so we are ready to roll on that first day (Wednesday) of the festival, we value you and your time, and we realize it might not be possible for all. If you have a work/school conflict with the Tuesday check in window, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by JUNE 1, 2017 to discuss alternative check-in options.
-ATTEND VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: All Volunteers (new and veteran) are required to attend one of the two Orientation sessions. Both Orientations will be held at The Central Part of Town (The CePOT).
Session Times: Wednesday, July 26 at 1p.m. or 6p.m.
Please do not sign up as a Festival Volunteer if you are unable to fulfill the above requirements.
VOLUNTEER TICKETING INFORMATION
- FloydFest volunteer tickets will be emailed out in early summer. If you do not receive your ticket by July 1 2017, please email email@example.com.
- Do not use a school email address as your contact email address; the Extreme Tix ticketing system rejects those email addresses and we will be unable to email you the FloydFest ticket.
- FloydFest tickets are emailed from Extreme Tix (firstname.lastname@example.org) so be sure to check your Spam folder in the case its sent there automatically.
April 1 2017 - FloydFest Volunteer & Staff Appreciation Night- 7pm-Midnight, The Phoenix, Roanoke VA
July 1 2017- Application Deadline
July 15 2017 - Deposit Deadline & Cancellation Deadline
July 25 2017 - Festival Volunteer Check-In (3PM-8PM) followed by FloydFest Volunteer Welcome Bonfire (9PM)
July 26 2017 - Festival Volunteer Orientation (1PM or 6PM)
July 26-July 30 2017 - FloydFest~17 Freedom
July 31- August 1 2017 - FloydFest Site Breakdown
September 1 2017 - Refunds to All Volunteers in Good Standing (refund to cc or shredded deposit check)
Thank you for your interest in being a part of FloydFest~17 Freedom It takes a village to raise a festival and we know volunteers are an integral part of making FloydFest possible. We simply could not do it without you! As a FloydFest volunteer, you will work hard, make new friends, listen to amazing music, dance joyfully, marvel at the beauty of our Blue Ridge Mountain site and feel the magical sense of community that festival-goers cherish. And you will take pride in the fact that YOU helped to make it happen!
For inquiries contact:
- Please fill out the application below.
- IMPORTANT: Select a total of FIVE shifts to total 20 hours of volunteer work. Ideally at least two night shifts.
- IMPORTANT: At least one of those shifts MUST be an evening shift (7pm or later). This is a requirement!
- If you have been given a password for your volunteer position, please enter it below to see your shift options.